This post contains spoilers!
If you haven’t yet seenÂ Gilmore Girls: A Year in The Life, but do have a soul, do not read any further until you’ve watched (at least once). Well, I suppose if you don’t care about the show, you can continue reading, but it’s not going to make any sense. So, do yourself a favor. Start with Season 1, Episode 1 (it’s all on Netflix), and come back when you’ve caught up.
On to my thoughts about episode 2 – Spring. Let me entertain you with another bullet list.
- “My big bazookas are intruding on you?” Oh, Emily, come now. Your bazookas aren’t so big.
- Why is Rory wearing a hideous, baggyÂ tank?
- OMG! Mr. KIM!!!!! It was ever so brief, at 8 minutes in. Not at all what I pictured. He looked far too cheerful to be married to Mrs. Kim. I have in my notes that he should have goosedÂ her, but I have no idea why I thought that (though it would have been hilarious). Perhaps it was all the Syrah (after watching Winter and putting The Girl to bed, Hubs and I continued with Spring for a GG double-header).
- My next note simply reads: “Fucking Mitchum!” Apparently, I was more annoyed at his presence at the restaraunt than Rory was. Again, I blame the Syrah.
- Speaking of wine, Luke is drinking wine with Lorelei while they eat carry out in front of the TV! What, no BEER Luke? Did anyone else think that looked odd for him? As odd as the satin sheets in winter?
- Oh, the Paul Anka dream!!! 😂😂😂
- Didn’t we all agree NOT to franchise Luke’s ages ago, when Richard started trying to run his life and make him play golf?
- Headmaster Charleston seems to have softened. That’s a bummer. He was so good at the subtle barb.
- Sandee Says was a Bunhead! Lots of crossover stuff going on with this ep, between that and Parenthood (Mae Whitman was in line!) . Oh, and, did you know that the Troubador’s sister is actually Carole King’s daughter, and they sangÂ Where you Lead together for the original GG series opening song. Many more crossover cameos happen in the next two seasons. If you’re wondering, here’s a great page that lists all the cameos and guest stars during AYITL:Â http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/25/gilmore-girls-year-life-guest-stars-cameos.
- I am still team Jess, but I do so love when Logan calls her Ace. It makes me all melty.
- Why have we never before seen Donald, Stars Hollow’sÂ “only” gay man. Gypsy’s hinting at Taylor cracked me up!
And there you have it.
Coming soon… Summer.