This past Sundayâ€™s Bears game was going to be big (as evident by its move from a noon kickoff to the more lucrative 3:15 spot), and thus, requiring big food. So, I whipped up a pot of my turkey & 3-bean crock pot chili. The chili was a winner, and so were the Bears!
- 1 can pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can red or kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1-1.25 lb ground turkey
- 1 can (28 oz.) petite diced tomatoes (drained)
- Chili seasoning (I like Penzeyâ€™s Chili Con Carne)
- 1 white onion
- salt (if your seasoning does not include it)
- Shredded Mexican mix or cheddar cheese
- Sour Cream
- Oyster crackers
- Brown turkey in a skillet.
- Dice onion and divide into two portions. Set one portion aside for garnish.
- Add turkey, tomatoes, beans, and one half of the onion to the crock pot.
- Stir in seasoning according to directions.
- My seasoning does not include salt. I add about 1/2 tsp. (If it’s already in there, by all means, don’t add more!)
- Cook on high for two hours (or low for four).
- Serve and garnish (as desired) with raw onion, cheese, sour cream, and oyster crackers.