Sorry for being absent. Since we’re having another cold snap, I decided to make this comfy comfort dish: Bisquick Chicken.
This is a recipe my mom made (and I adapted) years ago. A while back I asked her about it, and she didn’t remember (sadly for me, because at one point it was a huge deal in our house). Anyway, somewhat recently, an old college friend remembered that I’d made it, and asked me for the recipe, so I went searching. Turns out, it was the recipe from the freakin’ box! So, here it is, with my adaptations (mainly increasing the amount of batter and butter because it’s so darn yummy!).
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 4 T butter
- 1 T paprika
- 1/2 t pepper
- Heat oven to 375.
- Melt half of the butter in 9×13 glass baking pan.
- Mix Bisquick, pepper, paprika together.
- Sprinkle a layer of Bisquick combination over melted butter.
- Place chicken down in pan, cover with remaining Bisquick mix, and drizzle remaining hot butter on top.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
For a go-with, I’m thinking we’ll just have broccoli, since we have it in the house, though I’m open to suggestions.