Sorry for being absent. Since we’re having another cold snap, I decided to make this comfy comfort dish: Bisquick Chicken.
This is a recipe my mom made (and I adapted) years ago. A while back I asked her about it, and she didn’t remember (sadly for me, because at one point it was a huge deal in our house). Anyway, somewhat recently, an old college friend remembered that Iâ€™d made it, and asked me for the recipe, so I went searching. Turns out, it was the recipe from the freakin’ box! So, here it is, with my adaptations (mainly increasing the amount of batter and butter because itâ€™s so darn yummy!).
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 4 T butter
- 1 T paprika
- 1/2 t pepper
- Heat oven to 375.
- Melt half of the butter in 9×13 glass baking pan.
- Mix Bisquick, pepper, paprika together.
- Sprinkle a layer of Bisquick combination over melted butter.
- Place chicken down in pan, cover with remaining Bisquick mix, and drizzle remaining hot butter on top.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
For a go-with, I’m thinking we’ll just have broccoli, since we have it in the house, though I’m open to suggestions.