Happy New Year, peeps! For the first time in the history of Hubs and I, we rang in the New Year with friends instead of family. These were people we didn’t even know a year ago, so to be included in their celebration was extra special. So many thanks to Bill and Erin for hosting a great evening for our families. Even The Girl had a blast hanging out with their son, who was on her Lego Robotics team. I think they played every Minecraft platform they could get their hands on: iPad, computer, Xbox. I know lots of parents think kids isolate themselves and are anti-social when they play video games, but that’s so not the case here. These two talked nonstop while playing. It’s the most interaction they’ve ever had with each other!
All of the adults had just as much fun – joking, laughing, debating (often hypothetically), and of course, drinking and eating too. My contribution was one of the most delicious, simple recipes I know: Reuben Dip. I had several requests for the recipe, so here it is:
Where brands are mentioned, they are key to the flavor of the dish.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz can of Frank’s Kraut
- 1 lb Buddig’s Corned Beef
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozarella
- Chop the corned beef into small pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in a casserole dish. Take care to spread out the clustered bits of corned beef.
- Bake at 350Â° for 20 minutes, or until the top is bubbly.
Serve with party rye.