My brother-in-law made this from an amalgam of recipes he found online. I really didn’t expect it to be good, but, ooooooh, was it delicious! Definitely a perfect summer salad.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Baby spinach
- Feta cheese
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Slice watermelon into 8 pieces ¾“ thick, approximately 4” square (two slices per plate).
- Brush olive oil lightly on both sides of each watermelon slice.
- Grill watermelon slices on medium heat, 2 minutes per side.
- Remove watermelon from the grill, lightly salt (to taste, then completely chill watermelon when done.
- Create a balsamic reduction with the vinegar. How to: http://www.cookthink.com/reference/2889/How_to_reduce_balsamic_vinegar
- Place a bed of approximately ¼ cup baby spinach and arugula on a salad plate.
- Top greens with one slice of watermelon, a bit of crumbled feta, and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Add another ¼ cup greens, second slice of watermelon, feta, and drizzle with balsamic reduction and serve.