I decided to grill some zucchini to go with our steak the other night. The recipe isn’t very technical – it’s really just to taste, and makes a great, simple side dish.
- Zucchini (I made three of them)
- Olive oil
- Italian seasoning (any will do – I used Penzey’s Tuscan Sunset)
- Slice zucchini on a slight angle.
- Place slices in a Ziploc bag.
- Pour in olive oil, enough to coat zucchini.
- Add Italian seasoning to taste.
- Add a dash of salt.
- Squeeze out air and seal bag.
- Gently move zucchini around in bag so seasonings and salt are well distributed.
- Leave in fridge to marinate for at least one hour.
- Place on skewers so they will lay flat on the grill surface.
- Grill on low heat just until outside looks seared. Do not overcook, or it will be mushy.