Once upon a time, in a house far far away (well, about an hour from where I live now), when summer Friday evenings came along, Hubs and I used to enjoy boat drinks on our deck after work. Once every couple of years, my cousin Michelle calls or texts and asks me for the recipe. I never remember it, so I have to ask Hubs. I decided it was time to, a) enjoy the libation once again, and 2) have it documented so I can just send Michelle the link next time she asks. But, we had to do some experimenting because neither Hubs nor I could remember which type of fizzy water to use. First, I tried tonic water. Um, just no. Then, I tried club soda. Nope, not it. Finally, I went with my initial thought that I second and third guessed – seltzer. Oh yeah. That’s the one.
So, on this beautiful, still warm and sunny, Friday evening, I decided to share the recipe with you.
- Captain Morgan’s Spiced Rum
- Seltzer water
- Rose’s Sweet Lime Juice
- Fill a rock glass 1/3 with ice cubes.
- Add 1 ounce each rum and Rose’s.
- Top off with a generous splash of seltzer and stir.
- Garnish with a lime (optional).
- Play some Jimmy Buffet tunes (not optional) and enjoy!