Sorry for being absent. Really, I will post something other than a recipe soon. I have it all planned – it’s a project currently in the works. in the meantime, I give you: Bisquick Chicken.
This is a recipe my mom made (and I adapted) years ago. A while back I asked her about it, and she didn’t remember (sadly for me, because at one point it was a huge deal in our house). Anyway, somewhat recently, an old college friend remembered that I’d made it, and asked me for it, so I went searching. Turns out, it was the recipe from the freakin’ box! So, here it is, with my adaptations (mainly increasing the amount of batter and butter because it’s so darn yummy!). Oh, and if you’re couting points, carbs, or plain ol’ calories, this isn’t the dish for you. 🙂
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 4 T butter
- 1 T paprika
- 1/2 t pepper
* feel free to double the Bisquick concoction for extra yumminess (and calories).
- Heat oven to 375.
- Melt half of the butter in 9×13 glass baking pan.
- Mix Bisquick, pepper, paprika together.
- Sprinkle a layer of Bisquick combination over melted butter.
- Place chicken down in pan, cover with remaining Bisquick mix, and drizzle remaining hot butter on top.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
For a go-with, I’m thinking we’ll just have broccoli, since we have it in the house, though I’m open to suggestions.